Assistant Manager in Training Full Time - Nashville
Mister Hats is a growing retail hat store chain steeped in tradition. For over 25 years we have proudly served Tennessee offering only the highest quality headwear and accessory products available on the market. Our foundation is built on providing exceptional customer service to our patrons. We hold our associates to the highest standards of professionalism as it is our goal to facilitate a fantastic shopping experience that would be hard to find anywhere else.
As a sales associate, you will be essential to introducing our customers to all that is Mister Hats. The retail sales associate position is the entry level position within this growing company. This would be a great position for someone wanting to gain experience in the retail industry and grow within a company. Our ideal candidate has a vibrant personality that will help make all customers feel at home in our stores. He or she will provide outstanding customer service and demonstrate a superior product knowledge. The goal is create an optimal shopping environment for our customers to enjoy for years to come as they will further enhance the store’s culture that we have worked so hard to maintain for our customers.
- Provide excellent customer service in a high-end retail environment
- Execute all register transactions including sales, exchanges, and layaways
- Actively merchandise items to maximize sales opportunities
- Perform other tasks assigned by manager
We ask that applicants have experience in the men's apparel industry. As it is our goal to maintain a professional atmosphere in our stores, associate dress is required to be business formal. We are in the business of selling fashion and it is important that our sales team set an example for our customers.
You will enjoy a competitive wage, flexible hours, and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of training and development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. Our store teams work hard and have fun together! Associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day.
Minimum Candidate Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- 6 months of experience in retail customer service
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to recognize and execute selling opportunities
- Ability and willingness to run a cash register
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems
- Ability to manage time and prioritize
- Takes ownership to gain knowledge of products and current trends
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this position, please submit an application to us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mister Hats is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.